Wildfire Season And Homeowners Insurance In Pasadena, California
Homeowners to the Golden State are no stranger to California wildfires, but if you fail to take proactive measure you can find your home in ruin once the storm subsides. In the midst of wildfire season, safeguarding your home from the damage fires leave in their path cannot be stressed enough. We want to ensure that you, your home, and your family are protected, which is why we urge you to keep these homeowner safety tips in mind:
- There is no reason to have dead plants, weeds, and grass making your home vulnerable to fires. Set a day to clear out all unnecessary shrubbery and debris from your yard to ensure your home’s safety.
- The same goes for your roof. If your roof is covered with leaves and debris, your home is significantly more vulnerable. Be sure to also give your downspouts and gutters some attention as these areas quickly fill with debris regularly.
- If you have a wood pile as firewood for the winter, make sure that it is all enclosed in fire resistant materials and at least 100 feet from your home.
- The most important thing you can do to protect your home is create defensible space. If you live on a hillside, you will want 100 feet of defensive space, 50 feet for homeowners living in a heavily treed area, and 30 feet for other residencies.
- If you do not have the proper homeowners insurance protection you are leaving yourself especially vulnerable as a California homeowner. The only way you will receive compensation for any losses endured from California wildfires is if you hold the optimal amount of homeowners insurance coverage.
Contact Massive Insurance in Pasadena for all of your California homeowners insurance needs. When it comes to safeguarding your home from wildfire season and homeowners insurance in Pasadena, California, the experts at Massive Insurance will go above and beyond to ensure your full protection.