Staying Safe in the Pool
Even while the weather is beginning to cool down, it is still as important as ever to make sure that everyone stays safe around the pool area. Keep these pool safety tips in mind to ensure that everyone can safely enjoy their last dips in the pool while the weather is still warm.
- Never leave children unattended in the pool area, even if they are strong swimmers.
- Always make sure there is adult supervision when anyone is in the pool area.
- Install a sturdy, self-locking gate around your pool to ensure that nobody can get into the pool area when they are not supposed to be.
- Move all tables and chairs at least two feet away from the gate to ensure that children cannot climb over the fence.
- Keep rescue tools, such as a pool hook and a life preserver near the pool at all times.
- Always take your cell phone with you into the pool area to ensure that you can call the necessary emergency response personnel.
- Make sure anyone who is not a strong swimmer uses the proper safety equipment while in the pool, such as a life jacket.
- Inflatable swimming aids, such as “floaties” should not be used as a substitute for approve life saving devices, such as a life jacket.
- Always be within an arm’s length when toddlers are in or around water to ensure that you can easily reach them in case of an emergency.
- Try to avoid getting pool water in your mouth to ensure that you do not get sick from the chemicals in the pool. Teach children not to drink pool water.
For all of your homeowners insurance needs to ensure you are protected from any situations that are related to your pool, contact the insurance professionals at Massive Insurance in Pasadena, California.