Parents, ensure the safety of your children this Halloween night.
Children love Halloween night. After all, they get to dress up in full costume, enjoy a night with their friends, and receiving buckets of free candy, so who can blame them?
Unfortunately, the excited spirits can turn mischievous manners into mayhem during the night of Halloween.
This year, avoid a real-life nightmare with these safety steps while trick-or-treating:
- Let no costume material drag on the floor as it may cause trips or falls.
- Fasten reflective tape to costumes and bags to help drivers see you.
- Use soft, flexible props such as swords and knives.
- Examine all treats for choking hazards before eating.
- Always carry a flashlight.
- Look both ways before crossing the street.
- Use crosswalks whenever necessary.
- Only visit homes with inviting lights on.
- Never walk near lit candles.