Preventative Maintenance for your Commercial Vehicles
Owning a business comes with a lot of responsibility, especially if you have company vehicles that your employees use. Along with making sure that your commercial vehicles are protected with the right fleet insurance policy, it is also important to make sure that you take care of the vehicles with the right preventive maintenance program.
When planning a preventative maintenance program for your company vehicles, make sure that it includes the following items:
- Make sure the floor of the vehicle if free of any obstructions, such as rags, tools, or other loose items.
- Regularly inspect the seat belts of every vehicle to ensure that they are in good shape and are working properly.
- Start the car when inspecting it to ensure that all of the instruments, defrosters, heaters, and windshield wipers are working properly.
- Inspect the steering and brakes, as well as all the gauges and indicators to make sure that they are working properly.
- Check the headlights, signals, body lights, mirrors, outside reflectors, and tires to ensure that they are in good condition.
- Check all of the emergency equipment on the vehicle. Make sure the vehicle has the right amount of flares or reflective devices on board, and that the fire extinguisher is in working order.
- Check the load securement to ensure that it is good shape.
- Make sure that they vehicle is routinely maintained by a professional.
- Make sure that all the vehicles have a vehicle record car or folder, which is where the history of the vehicle should be kept. Make sure that the record is kept up to date.
For all of your business insurance needs to ensure you and your employees are covered in any situation, contact Massive Insurance in Pasadena, California. We can provide you with the most comprehensive insurance policies that will provide the right amount of coverage for all of your needs.