As a homeowner, your home is most likely your biggest asset. Why not do all you can to ensure it is properly protected against the risks it faces on a daily basis? If you are unfamiliar with a homeowners insurance policy, here is some basic information to keep in mind when you talk to your agent about purchasing a policy:
- Homeowners insurance covers damage to your property and belongings in the case of a disaster such as a fire, or theft. Additionally, it will cover you from being liable if someone gets injured on your property.
- Your homeowners policy won’t cover you from earth movements, war, flooding, or government action. If you live in a high-risk area for floods, you should look into purchasing a separate policy.
- Taking the time to shop around and compare different carriers can result in huge savings. Make sure you find an agent you trust, who will have your best interest in mind.
- Installing measures of home safety such as alarms or deadbolts may qualify you for a lower premium.
- If you ever need to file a claim, make sure you do so immediately, and document every aspect of the even to present to your carrier after filing.
If you would like more information concerning a homeowners insurance policy anywhere in California, give Massive Insurance a call!