Relieving Stress With These Helpful Tips
Unfortunately, in today’s day and age, nearly every individual admits to feeling stressed on a regular basis. Whether you feel stressed because of everyday struggles, work, or disconnect with friends and family, it is important that you find ways to relieve stress. April is Stress Awareness Month, which is why we have gathered a list of tips for de-stressing so that you can finally feel some relief:
- Walk it off! Whenever you are feeling overwhelmed with stress, simply go on a ten minute walk. You can use that time to clear your head or refocus your attention on what matters to help relieve stressors in your life.
- We have all been told to “take a deep breath,” but often overlook this actually very helpful piece of advice. Since taking deep breaths can give you an extra boost of oxygen, it can help to calm you down when you are feeling overwhelmed with stress.
- A short visualization can also do the trick! Allow yourself to regain focus of the task at hand by giving yourself a couple of minutes to visualize your happy place. You can choose to visualize an end goal or a future vacation, as long as it allows you to return to normalcy again.
- We are not suggesting that you stress eat, but you can mindfully indulge on a snack that will calm you down. Snacking on a hard-boiled egg or a handful of nuts away from your desk can help to relieve some stress.
- Turn off the gadgets! All those flashing lights and sounds cannot be good for your stress levels, especially if you are feeling inclined to answer to each social media and email notification. When you focus your attention on the task at hand rather than the outside world at the same time you will feel significantly less stressed.
Join us in relieving some stress for Stress Awareness Month! Contact Massive Insurance in Pasadena for all of your California insurance needs. Your security is top of mind. Allow us to provide you with the protection necessary to relieve some stress in your life.