Avoid tricks this Halloween by preparing your home beforehand.
Halloween is almost here, and if you’re anything like us, you’ll want to start getting ready as soon as possible. While you may think that this means planning costumes and getting the candy ready, it’s also important to remember to prepare your home. Whether you’re hosting a costume party or waiting for trick-or-treaters to come knocking, take a look at these Halloween safety tips.
Decorating your yard before Halloween
- Be aware of tripping hazards. Avoid placing any decorations in the middle of pathways or near doors.
- Make sure all electrical cords are tied down and kept away from where people will be walking.
- Secure skeletons carefully so that they don’t blow away or come loose and fall onto your walkways.
- Follow the directions for constructing decorations.
To-dos before Halloween night
- Install and check your home’s exterior lighting to ensure that guests can clearly see where they are walking.
- Consider using battery-operated tealights in jack-o-lanterns instead of open flame candles.
- Keep your pets comfortable and contained. Not only could your pet scare the trick-or-treaters, but he/she could get spooked by all the visitors and run off when the door is open.
These are just a few ways to prepare for a safe and spook-tacular Halloween. To properly protect your home over Halloween and beyond, secure reliable homeowners insurance. Contact Massive Insurance for all of your California insurance needs in Pasadena.