Review your insurance before the holiday parties begin.
With Thanksgiving in our rear view mirror, we enter the season of holiday parties. If you are planning to host parties at your home or business this festive season, it’s time to think about reviewing your insurance policies. Many homeowners and business owners forget to check their insurance around this time of year, but you’ll be thankful that you did should anything happen on the night.
Whether you’re a homeowner inviting guests over or a business owner hosting the party at the office, you’ll want to ensure you have plenty of liability insurance in place. Business owners may have liquor liability insurance under their commercial general liability, but be sure it’s enough to cover your festivities. You may want to consider taking out special event insurance which will ramp up your policies to cover you for the day of the event. From accidents, injuries, liability, and cancellations, you should have protection in place.
Protect yourself and your guests
Once you have insurance in place, you should try to make conditions safe enough where you won’t have to use your insurance.
- Host your party at a restaurant or bar with a liquor license to minimize liquor liability risks
- Hire a professional bartender who can limit consumption of intoxicated guests
- Encourage guests to select a designated driver or arrange alternate transportation
- Offer non-alcoholic beverages and always serve with food
- Don’t focus the event around drinking – throw in activities or entertainment
- Stay alert and always remember your responsibilities as a host
When you’re in need of reliable insurance to see you through the season and beyond, contact the team at Massive Insurance. We can help you get and stay protected so you can enjoy the festivities of the season!