Essential Home Maintenance To-Dos
As a homeowner, it’s likely that you have a home maintenance schedule that changes with every season. While you may know to inspect the roof before winter and deep clean the house during spring, there are some essential home maintenance tasks that are often overlooked. To keep your home in tip-top shape, condition, and safety, check out these tasks to add to your list year-round.
Plumbing: If you want the plumbing system to stay in good working order be sure to take care of these things:
- Flush the water heater
- Check your pipes for leaks
- Test the water pressure on your sprinkler system
- Inspect water levels on boilers
Safety Systems: Ensure your loved ones and belongings are safe in the home.
- Replace batteries in your smoke detectors
- Test your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors monthly
- Test your security alarm and codes
- Inspect your fence or gate for any weaknesses
- Inspect and replace your exterior lightbulbs
HVAC Systems: Your heating, cooling, and ventilation systems need consistent upkeep for better performance. In turn, this can help you to keep energy bills lower throughout the year.
- Change your AC filters
- Replace worn weather-stripping to keep cool air in
- Test your thermostat to ensure it’s sending a signal
Structure: Keep your home itself in good condition year round to lower the risk of damage.
- Repair any cracks or holes in your driveway and pathways around the property
- Inspect your deck and look for any vulnerabilities
- Clean out the gutters seasonally
- Inspect windows and doors and seal up any gaps
Lastly, remember to review your home insurance to ensure that you have adequate coverage to see you through the year! For help securing the right policy for your needs, contact Massive Insurance today.