Before the event of an incident, know your coverage and protection in your homeowners insurance policy.
In the event of damage or loss, many people are surprised to find that certain items are excluded from coverage when filing a claim with their insurance. Ask your insurance agent if these (if any) are included in your homeowners insurance policy, and acquire the coverage if they are not.
- Business Activities: Typically, home insurance covers only minor losses such as damage or theft of home office equipment. Purchasing separate business insurance is the best way to guarantee proper coverage.
- Motorized Equipment: These items are not covered under home insurance for liability purposes. As soon as recreational equipment is off your property, there will be lack of coverage.
- Pets: Dog bites account for more than one third of homeowners insurance liability claims typically. While most liability claims are covered, some policies refuse coverage for dogs under a certain breed or size.
- Natural Disasters: While most natural disasters, eg. tornadoes and hailstorms. However, damages caused from floods or earthquakes are not usually covered by home insurance. Separate policies must be purchased for this type of coverage.
- Musical Instruments: Like many other high-value items, musical instruments fall under a theft loss limitation for home insurance purposes and require a separate ride or policy to guarantee full replacement cost.
So that you have the necessary coverage for your possessions, pets, and protection of your home, contact Massive Insurance. Located in Pasadena, CA, we provide quality home insurance, at the right price for you.