You have used and abused your boat and RV all summer long but now that Fall is here the time has come to put these babies away for next summer. Before you pack your toys away there are a few steps you need to take to keep your boat and RV safe during their hibernation. Here are some preparation tips for storing away your boat or RV.
- Take some time to clean your boat inside and out, packing any loose items away in a labeled box. Make sure your boxes are not bulging or uneven with heavy items on the bottom and lighter items on the top.
- Separately wrap more fragile items like dishes and glasses with wrapping paper or packaging peanuts.
- The cooling system of your boat should be properly drained and flushed before you put it away for storage. Make sure to add fuel stabilizer and fill up your gas tank ahead of time.
- Whether you are storing your boat indoors or outdoors you need to cover it with a canvas that has ventilation ports. Make sure to cover the engine separately so it is protected.
- If you are planning on storing your boat for a long period of time take out the battery and keep it somewhere dry and clean.
- Make sure to clean your RV inside and out to keep it as fresh as possible while it is locked away for the winter.
- Clear out all the food in the vehicle as well as the food in the fridge.
- Flush out the water tank and water heater and make sure to change the oil and fill up the gas tank before storage.
Massive Insurance in California will work hard to find the best solution for your companies protection needs. We offer business and commercial coverage for your companies unique needs and will be happy to answer any of your insurance questions. Contact us to get started today.