It is finally Friday, and you can’t wait to head home after work where you are expecting your closest friends for a fun, summer BBQ! In all the hustle and bustle of summer parties, it can be easy to let BBQ safety guidelines slip from our minds. Here is a little refresher to ensure you and your friends have a safe, and happy summer:
- Never wear loose-fitting clothing around the grill.
- Keep a small spray bottle of water or a fire extinguisher near in the case of small flare-ups.
- Never grill inside the home. If you do, you could risk endangering yourself or others with carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Never spark a lighter, or light a match near a grill if it uses propane. There may be a leak which could cause an explosion.
- Check your propane grill for gas leaks by rubbing a soap and water mixture over the hoses. If there is a leak, you will start to see bubbles form.
Happy grilling! For any questions about homeowners insurance in California, give the experienced professionals at Massive Insurance a call, today!